- 8:00AM Holy Eucharist Rite I
- 9:15AM Sunday School and Adult Class (during school year only)
- 10:30AM Holy Eucharist Rite II
- 12:30 Holy Eucharist - En Espanol
- 6:00PM 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month "Come as you are" Holy Eucharist
St. Augustine's is a community of friendly people who share a commitment to progressive spiritual growth within a family environment. We welcome those who seek a closer relationship with God made known in Jesus Christ, and celebrate our call to love and serve others as Christ came to love and serve all.
St. Augustine's Church began as a missionary outreach of St. Martin's Episcopal Church in 1954. The land on which it is located is part of the original property donated from St. Martin's School. Our twenty-five charter members under the leadership of The Rev. John Stone Jenkins and The Rt. Rev. William Farwell, hed their first services in the school's gymnasium. As the church grew, school buses were used as Sunday School classrooms. Through our history, we have had the great fortune to have excellent leadership from our five Rectors: The Rev. Thomas C. Aycock, The Rev. Albertus L. DeLoach, The Rev. John A. Lawrence, The Rev. Ralph M. Byrd, and our present Rector, The Rev. A.J. Heine. Today St. Augustine's is a parish of over 300 families.
Our facilities have grown with us. In March, 1957 ground was broken for our first building - the ground floor of our present parish hall. Our sanctuary was completed in 1961 and the second floor of our parish hall was added in 1964. The building which houses our school, offices, and parlor, the sacristy, gate house and fencing was completed in 1984. In 1999 a very successful capital funds drive made it possible to completely renovate and restore the church - a much needed project after nearly 50 years of use.
The programs of our parish have grown along with our facilities. St. Augustine's has always had a strong commitment to education - both secular and religious. Our programs for our children, youth and adults are given the highest priority. Our Day School for children 2 1/2 through 4 years of age is professionally staffed and supervised by a dedicated board of volunteers who maintain a strong bond between the church and school.
St. Augustine's is a living, vital place. Our facilities are constantly in use. Our Altar Guild, Choir, Lay Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors and Acolytes provide opportunities for service and growth within the setting of worship. The Men's Club, Episcopal Church Women, Daughters of the King, Upreach 55, the Hospital Ministry Team, parish wide mission trips, our annual Pumpkin Patch, and our Book Store carry the opportunities for growth and Christian ministry beyond the confines of our buildings. The buildings them selves are used by many community groups for their meetings. We thank God for the opportunities and blessings He has bestowed upon His Church in Metairie.