Dear Brothers and Sisters of St. Augustine's,
In this unprecedented and evolving situation, things continue to change. As you've seen over the past several weeks, our Sunday worship has gradually constricted from full participation with heightened hygiene, to limited participation based on risk categories, to extremely limited participation and locked doors this past Sunday. Unfortunately, after consultation with our Bishop and out of respect for the Governor's mandate, we will not celebrate the Eucharist at St Augustine's for the foreseeable future.
However, in those same weeks we have witnessed the possibilities of on-line worship to feed the hunger for connection and to bridge the spaces between us. Our Facebook Live streams have not only gathered our community and allowed a way for us to share Communion, but they have also provided a vehicle for others to participate who may never have walked through the doors. It is in this spirit and with this hope that we will be offering this revised worship schedule.
In lieu of gathering at St. Augustine's, please go to our Facebook page:
I will livestream Morning Prayer from my home Monday-Friday at 9:00 am. Deacon Hackett will do the same on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am.
I will also livestream Morning Prayer from my home on Sundays at 8:00 am. This service will use the Eucharistic lessons, rather than the assigned readings for the daily office. It will also include a homily. Plans are still pending for our Spanish mass.
This arrangement will continue through April 4th. Plans for Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter are still pending.
Kate Smith will also continue sharing our Family "Lent in a Bag" series on our Facebook page on Saturdays at 8:00 am.
A few other items:
1. If you've wondered what Pre-School Chapel is like, you can watch a Facebook Live version of that on Mondays at 9:30 am at www.facebook.com/St.AugustinesEpiscopalPreschool/
2. To stay informed, please email Jamee at email@example.com and ask to receive our newsletter. You can also find updates here and on our Facebook page.
3. We have divided up the parish directory into "flocks" and assigned a telephone "shepherd" to each of those groups. You should be hearing from them soon. If you have not, please email Susan Scotton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. It's important for us all to stay inside, but even more crucial for some. If you would like to avoid going to the grocery store or other essential trips, please contact Rachel at email@example.com. If you are able to help with those type of trips, please also contact Rachel.
5. If you'd like to have a "virtual cup of coffee" with Fr. AJ, send him an email to schedule it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's a prayer that I found helpful this morning from St. Benedict:
O gracious and holy Father,
Give us wisdom to perceive you,
Diligence to seek you,
Patience to wait for you
Eyes to behold you,
A heart to meditate on you,
And a life to proclaim you;
Through the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ our Lord.